Last Updated: December 5, 2019
Any information that can be used to identify a person is “personal information.” This does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous. We collect personal information directly from you that you provide to us, for instance when you download and use the Apps, register with us, through your electronic communications to us, and through your transactions with us. We may occasionally obtain additional information about you from other sources. We also use common technologies, such as cookies and beacons in our Apps to collect information about you.
Much of the information you submit to us is labeled “optional” and not required by us in order for you to use the Apps and our services. Whenever you register at an App access point, point of sale, on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, complete a transaction, surf our website, fill out a form or enter information in our Apps, we may collect whatever information you provide us including:
• Phone number
• Email Address
• Log in information and password
• Mailing Address
• Geographic location
• Information about your computer/device
• Date of Birth
• Drivers’ License
• Medical Marijuana Card Number
• Zip Code and City
• Transaction History
• Responses to customer surveys or communications with our customer service team.
Use and Sharing
We use the personal information you share with us:
• To ensure that you have a safe, high-performance experience when using the Apps..
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve and enhance the Apps and to develop other services in order to better serve you and respond to service requests.
• To process your transactions.
• To send periodic communications regarding your orders and other products or services.
• To share with third-parties that we hire to help us provide the Apps and other products or services, including SMS text messaging and other phone services.
• We may share information about you with third parties without identifying you as an individual.
We prefer to limit sharing personal information whenever possible but we may share information with:
• Third party services providers including WeedMaps, SMS text messaging services, phone services, and menu services.
• Government entities, to the extent required by applicable laws and regulations.
• A business that acquires or merges with Paper & Leaf Inc.
• Other platforms and operating systems including iOS and Windows.
Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP
address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
We pride ourselves in protecting your information. We implement a variety of security measures when a user completes a transaction or enters, submits, or accesses their information. We use firewalls; system-wide data encryption, physical and electronic access controls, and internal proprietary measures.
We also use security measures to de-aggregate or isolate different data sets of personal information. As part of this, we use a microservice that stores components of applications and databases in separate instances.
We use a layer of device authentication tokens, provided through Apple, to enhance security. Access to our services and information requires special security tokens for secure authentication. Customer information in the Apps requires an authenticated device, making access points restrictive.
Our website is also proactively scanned for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, any credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All information is securely stored on servers in the United States.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
• Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our website such as whether or not you are old enough to visit our website.
• Help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with custom, personalized content, information and improved services
• Help us compile aggregate data such as site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better experiences with our Apps and new tools we hope to develop in the future.
• Monitor the effectiveness of our Apps.
• Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses.
• Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your Internet browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Third Party Content
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services through our Apps including links to other websites. These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for their content and activities. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about them.
Do not track signals
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Third Party Behavioral Tracking
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
We do not intentionally gather personal information from anyone under the age of 21. If a child under 21 submits data to us and we learn that data came from a child under 21, we will attempt to delete the data as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 21, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compromise of Personal Information and Other Notifications
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or other business-related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
• NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
• Identify advertising message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
• Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe from email lists by using the link at the bottom of each email.
• You may, of course, decline to submit your personal information through the Apps, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
• You may change your privacy preferences and update information we have about you by contacting us as provided or editing your profile settings.
• You may request removal from our database by emailing us at email@example.com cancel SMS text notifications, you may respond to text messages with “STOP.”
How to Contact Us
You can always email us firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us directly at 8040 Day Rd W Building 3 Unit 1, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.
Need assistance? Drop us a note at email@example.com
And as always, thank you for using Paper & Leaf.
Paper & Leaf 8040 Day Rd W Building 3 Unit 1, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110.